The list below gives you an idea of our general requirements for admission to the Collegiate Recovery Program. Your admission will be decided after completion of all the required materials, interview, and staff review. If you do not meet the requirements for membership, please contact us. We have a community and resources open to everyone. And while we are open to everyone, we reserve membership for those students who are in abstinence based recovery and possess a desire to dedicate their time and be of service to our community.
1. Enrolled at Kennesaw State University*
2. Minimum 6 months of continuous abstinence from alcohol and other drugs and/or all process addictions including eating disorders, gambling/gaming and self harm.
3. Active participation in 12-step recovery program or equivalent recovery program
4. Commitment to CRP attendance requirements:
- Abide by the standards outlined in the Community Commitment Contract.
- Attend one seminar every week. Seminar is a weekly meeting lead by staff for CRP members. Seminar is offered at a variety of days and times during the week, and students select one to attend weekly each semester. Click here for our What is Seminar? page.
- Attend the CRP group conscience meeting held on the first Monday of each month
- Attend the All Recovery meeting held on the last Monday of each month
- Be of service by selecting one campus recovery meeting to attend weekly (click here for the meeting schedule) in addition to one or more CRP service activities per semester.
*You may apply to KSU and the CRP simultaneously. For help with the KSU admission process, contact Ariel Britt, Program Coordinator at (470) 578-7718 or email@example.com
Besides being a part of a great community, the CRP offers its members services to help them succeed.
3. Merit based Scholarships
4. Priority Registration
5. Housing (PDF)
6. In state tuition waiver
8. Meyers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Personality Type Assessment
9. Academic Advising
10. Local and National Service Opportunities
11. Leadership Opportunities
12. Study room
13. Student Lounge
14. On campus meetings
15. Computer lab with printer access