The CARE Center, in conjunction with Staff Senate, provides a small stock of food for students who are experiencing food insecurity. All supplies are based upon donations and are available to students as long as supplies are continually received.
- Kennesaw Campus, Kennesaw Hall, room 2401
- Marietta Campus, JM Wilson Student Center, room 170
Pantry Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm
Campus Pantry guidelines:
- Any KSU student, actively attending classes, may receive (1) pantry bag once a month, no questions asked.
- All students are required to have a valid KSU ID.
- On their first visit and annually, students are required to read and sign a CARE Center Participant Agreement for Receiving Pantry Items form.
- After an Initial CARE Assessment and as determined by the case manager, a participant may be eligible to have access to the linens and personal care items and increased access to the pantry.
- A reusable bag will be provided at the initial visit. Upon each return visit, students MUST return their reusable bag to staff at the time of sign-in, to receive additional items.
- Food is provided through a box-style method; therefore, students are given food based upon predetermined list of available items. If a student needs different and/or additional food based upon dietary restrictions and / or living conditions, they are encouraged to let staff know at the time of sign-in. Staff will try to accommodate students’ dietary restrictions to the best of their ability.
- Students are not allowed in the area where the food and/or personal care items are stored.
- Students are asked to only use these resources when experiencing food insecurity beyond their control. They are also encouraged to educate other students about the CARE Center and its services.
On Campus Microwave Locations:
- Kennesaw Campus, Carmichael Student Center, Bookstore MarketPlace
- Kennesaw Campus, Carmichael Student Center, near Chick-fil-A
- Marietta Campus, JM Wilson Student Center, Bookstore MarketPlace
- Marietta Campus, J Building, Subway
For a list of Community Pantries, click here.
For a list of the current needs, click here.